Another random installment featuring random thoughts. I know you’re giddy with anticipation so let’s get right to it.
1) I see where the graduating class at my old alma mater is just over 250 students this year … or roughly 2.5x the size of my own class thirty years ago. Sounds about right I guess, the population is roughly 2x to 3x what it was when I grew up there. Still, seems kinda strange to think about my little Class AA school being a Class AAAA now.
2) Note to bands that are paying to advertise on Facebook: please don’t do this, at least not based on the fear mongering meme about how (oh noes) “your posts aren’t being seen by your fans”. News flash suckers: those ads aren’t being seen by anyone smart enough to run ad-blockers anyway. Quality and quantity that add up to engagement, that’s how you get seen on Facebook.
3) Give or take, it’s about 83 days until the start of high school football season in Georgia, around 90 days until the start of college football season.
Phones, games, television. It’s like an electronic edition of Three Things
1) So about a month into having my first-ever smart phone, after years (and years) of swearing that I’d never forego my trusty old flip phone. I mean, it worked & I knew it hung up when I wanted to hang up, that’s pretty big with me. I will concede that there are a few things I’ve enjoyed about it … aside from trying to figure out how to use the @#$%@$# phone part of this new fangled contraption. I must admit that feeling less tied to the computer to check emails is kind of nice. My witty observations on various social media platforms are now a little more timely. The down side, alas … I realized just how tired & old I look thanks to the video camera, there won’t be any Vines from me any time soon, at least not with me in them.
2) Been playing quite a bit of Call Of Duty: Ghosts lately. And by “quite a bit” I mean I’m about to cross the 5 days played threshold. That’s 120 hours. So while the standard $60 pricetag on video games feels high most of the time, that’s a heck of a great return on investment. You wonder why I don’t go to movies and such? When I get them for $0.50 an hour’s entertainment, call me.
3) The combination of room surfing and channel surfing has led me to the inescapable conclusion that if aliens ever randomly saw an episode of Real Housewives Of Atlanta they would have no choice but to decide to exterminate the planet in order to put the rest of us out of our misery. And, honestly, I couldn’t fault them based on that evidence.